THE JOB SUMMARY FOR THE POST OF CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO)
The CEO must be a competent Christian leader for a diverse set of constituents, including staff, Indian donors, international supporters, local and regional churches, national government and TWR international representatives as well as media audience.
The Chief Executive is responsible for the overall administration and management of TWR India, including programs, fundraising, and operations. The CEO will articulate and sustain a compelling strategic vision that is consistently Christ-inspired and Christ-centred aligning to TWR’s vision. The chief executive position is a full-time position and is hired by and directly accountable to the Board of Directors through a board chair.
The CEO must be an active member of a church and subscribe to the organization’s statement of faith, and attempt to live out this statement in the work they do.
Scope Of The Job:
- Strategic Oversight, Partnerships, Programmes and Operations Management
- Team Management
- Policy & Systems Implementation
- Networking and Representation
- Ministry strategy initiative
- Policies and guidelines initiative
- Collaboration with TWR International Ministries
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the CEO will develop and sustain the development of the overall strategic objectives of the organization, consistent with the mission, vision, and values of TWR India.
- Responsible to develop and manage an implementation to fulfil the strategic objectives including the strategic initiatives of TWR International. Assign accountability to staff members to carry out the plan.
- Be a spiritual leader for staff and others involved and impacted by the work of the organization.
- Manage the organization’s operations, including programs, fundraising, finances and regulatory/legal compliance. Included, but not limited to:
- Recruit, direct and coordinate the efforts of the directors’ team.
- Benchmark yearly goal for total income forecast and total expense forecast.
- Benchmark yearly targets for income forecast and expense forecast.
- Raise funds and enlarge donor base for long term strategic sustenance of TWR India. Maintain personal contact and credibility with donors. With the support of the staff, work in partnership with local churches, to achieve fundraising, targets. Responsible for gift-in-kind income.
- Ensure the integrity and credibility of the organization at all times, both by personal example and by thoughtful and explicit management efforts.
- Reports to the Board and serves as an Ex-officio member of the Society, as the Secretary of the Board and Society.
- Management of the organization to achieve prudent stewardship of its assets and resources.
- Apprise the Board of Directors of trends, issues, and threats that might impact the organization, and where there are opportunities to maximize its mission objectives.
- Succession planning and responsibility for the overall development of the organization’s leadership and management.
- Collaborate with TWR South Asia leadership to implement global initiatives, partnerships and fundraising.
Age: 40-50 years
- Essential: Graduate in any discipline.
- Desirable: Master’s degree/diploma in the related field, including communications, media, technology, theology, finance, business, social work and law.
- At least 8 years of domestic and or international work experience, including work for Christian mission-focused organisations, non-profit or other aid focused organizations.
- Minimum of ten years proven management experience in a senior leadership position.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to a team management approach, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven project and budget management experience, managing large scale budgets
- Proven ability in strategic planning and thinking
Competence And Skills:
- Be an exemplary Christian wholeheartedly devoted to TWR’s Statement of Faith.
- Good leadership skills, flexible and decisive, with a focus on a “servant leader” model.
- Build a community in support of the organization’s mission that is optimistic, “can do”, and is realistic. Value agreement, but do not avoid conflict when necessary.
- Possess personal credibility that fosters mutual trust and respect.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and weekends for events, special projects.
- Self-disciplined with ability to work proactively, using own initiative
- Flexibility to accommodate changing priorities, ability to remain calm under pressure
- Motivating, inspiring and encouraging
- Demonstrates sensitivity and skills in cross-cultural communication
- Good computer skills
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Lead the senior management team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork and inclusiveness and building a team spirit and team culture characterised by a shared vision, commitment and mutual accountability.
- Provide management support to the senior management team members, in their management and development of others, and their implementation of role objectives, work plans and budgets.
- Carry out performance appraisals and one to one meetings of direct reports. Provide spiritual leadership to the programme and pastoral support where appropriate to direct reports.
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance procedures as required, in conjunction with the HR Manager
Networking and External Representation:
- Responsible for high-level representation to the government, securing and maintaining the necessary approvals to operate, ensuring coordination and constructive working relations.
- Responsible for representing TWR’s work externally through building relationships and networking with national Church leaders, government representatives, as well as donors and strategic partner organisations.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the CEO. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position.
How to Apply for this Job?
You can download the application form by clicking on the download button below. Once downloaded and filled, you may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If after reading through this Job Profile, you have any questions or want to find out more about our recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com